December 4, 2008

Let's get this party started!

Hello my beautiful family and welcome to our blog!  It is my hope that this will help to keep us all connected and feeling like we are all an important part of each other's lives.  

Since this is so new, I figured I would start it out with a little bit about why Will and I were sadly unable to attend Beth and Darin's wedding in August.  Will's grandma had been diagnosed with cancer a few years ago and had been getting progressively worse and happened to be celebrating her 80th birthday the same weekend as the wedding.  My presence had been specially requested as she knew she didn't have much time left.  Seeing as how Will's folks are the only couple in the family that had children, it was a big deal for her to meet who her grandson was planning on spending the rest of his life with (yes, we are planning on getting married; no, we are not engaged yet).  I am ever so grateful that we were able to make it down to Arkansas and that I had the privilege of meeting her, because she passed away about eight weeks after our visit.  Here are a few pictures from the trip - I hope you enjoy getting to know Will's family!

Will and his Aunt Yvonne 

Will and his Uncle Steve

Gram and I

Will and Gram

Will and Paw



No comments: